incubator-general mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] accept Cayenne into incubator
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2006 14:21:20 GMT

On Mar 2, 2006, at 5:07 PM, Yoav Shapira wrote:

> On 3/2/06, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
>> I'd like to call a vote on our incubator proposal. There hasn't been
>> any negative feedback so far, we found mentors, and we are eager to
>> move ahead with the process.
>
> No negative feedback, but I thought we agreed on the DB project as the
> first destination, and then possibly a TLP later?

My impression was that the consensus was to postpone such decision
till we graduate from the incubator, as there was support for both
options, even from within DB community.

I am personally not against the DB option, but see my other posts on
why I think TLP makes much more sense:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/
200602.mbox/%3cB45BC9DA-32BF-4C1E-BB39-34B0B73C1C5D@objectstyle.org%3e

Andrus