incubator-general mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Incubator PMC to approve the 4.0-RC1 release of ActiveMQ
Date Thu, 30 Mar 2006 13:01:09 GMT
How does one distinguish this, the 2nd candidate, from the 1st candidate
of the 4.0-RC1 release?

Doesn't the "RC" in "RC1" mean "Release Candidate" ?

Also, when you start it up, it says

INFO  BrokerService                  - For help or more information
please see: http://www.logicblaze.com

Finally, when I simply unpack and run bin/activemq I get the following
stacktrace on startup.  That wouldn't be a blocker for release, but I
thought  you might want to know

ERROR BrokerService                  - Failed to start ActiveMQ JMS
Message Broker. Reason: java.io.EOFException
java.io.EOFException
         at java.io.DataInputStream.readFully(DataInputStream.java:268)
         at java.io.DataInputStream.readUTF(DataInputStream.java:639)
         at java.io.DataInputStream.readUTF(DataInputStream.java:610)
         at
org.apache.activemq.openwire.v1.BaseDataStreamMarshaller.looseUnmarshalString(BaseDataStreamMarshaller.java:
35)
         at
org.apache.activemq.openwire.v1.JournalTraceMarshaller.looseUnmarshal(JournalTraceMarshaller.java:112)
         at
org.apache.activemq.openwire.OpenWireFormat.doUnmarshal(OpenWireFormat.java:348)
         at
org.apache.activemq.openwire.OpenWireFormat.unmarshal(OpenWireFormat.java:210)
         at
org.apache.activemq.store.journal.JournalPersistenceAdapter.recover(JournalPersistenceAdapter.java:452)
         at
org.apache.activemq.store.journal.JournalPersistenceAdapter.start(JournalPersistenceAdapter.java:209)
         at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.createRegionBroker(BrokerService.java:902)
         at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.createBroker(BrokerService.java:863)
         at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.getBroker(BrokerService.java:443)
         at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.start(BrokerService.java:351)
         at
org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerService.afterPropertiesSet(XBeanBrokerService.java:43)
         at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.invokeInitMethods(AbstractAutow
reCapableBeanFactory.java:1058)
         at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapa
leBeanFactory.java:363)
         at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:226)
         at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:147)
         at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListabl
BeanFactory.java:275)
         at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:318)
         at
org.apache.xbean.spring.context.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:15
)
         at
org.apache.xbean.spring.context.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:48

         at
org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerFactory.createBroker(XBeanBrokerFactory.java:40)
         at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFactory.createBroker(BrokerFactory.java:56)
         at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.StartCommand.startBroker(StartCommand.java:81)
         at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.StartCommand.runTask(StartCommand.java:46)
         at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractCommand.java:49)
         at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.ShellCommand.runTask(ShellCommand.java:81)
         at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractCommand.java:49)
         at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.ShellCommand.main(ShellCommand.java:45)
         at
         at
         at org.apache.activemq.console.Main.runTaskClass(Main.java:135)
         at org.apache.activemq.console.Main.main(Main.java:67)
ERROR: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to execute start task. Reason:
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreation
xception: Error creating bean with name
'org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerService' defined in class path
resource [
ctivemq.xml]: Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is
java.io.EOFException: null
ERROR: java.lang.Exception:
bean with name 'org
apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerService' defined in class path resource
[activemq.xml]: Initialization of bean failed;