incubator-general mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@odoko.co.uk>
Subject Re: Incubation Process and PPMCs
Date Thu, 16 Mar 2006 18:37:55 GMT
Mads Toftum wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 14, 2006 at 07:31:05AM -0500, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
>> Considering the number of proposals coming at the incubator
>> these days, and the concerns raised about that fact, perhaps
>> needing multiple ASF people with enthusiasm about each is
>> precisely a reasonable governor.
>> - --
> I think this is a good point - a project that can't raise the interest
> of more than one member is likely to struggle with generating enough
> interest and attracting enough of a community in the future.

That is how I have always understood the suggestion of three mentors.

I have a project that I would like at some point to propose for
incubation. For me, it is a very useful checkpoint to ask me if I have
yet reached a point where I could persuade two other members of the
value of the project. I haven't reached that point yet, so I don't
consider my project ready for incubation.

Regards, Upayavira