incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ Graduation From Incubator
Date Thu, 16 Mar 2006 02:07:36 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> James Strachan wrote:
>

>> What other issues are there?
>>

> A number of infrastucture issues.  Votes from the Incubator PMC and Geronimo
> PMC.  To do that responsibly, I'd say that we would want to see communities
> having demonstrated that they understand how to practice as an ASF
> community.  Such things are subjective, and typically have taken some time.
>
> Looking at the historical record: Derby took a year; Nutch took 5 months;
> JaxME and jUDDI took 6 months; JDO took 7 months.  Those are just a few
> projects that have graduated to another TLP, and every community is
> different, but ActiveMQ and ServiceMix haven't been in the Incubator for 3
> months, and are still moving over their infrastructure.  Anyone see a need
> to rush to judgment?

I don't see any rush here.  Is it not a natural question to ask what
else is left to do?  Is there a compelling reason to keep this in the
incubator if there is no real need other than historical precedence of
previous podlings' matriculation?  There were concrete reasons for the
duration of their incubation.  If they are the same issues as AMQ, then
let's focus on those concrete issues.

Regards,
Alan