incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject [doc] Incubation Policy -> "Acceptance of Proposal by Sponsor"
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2006 04:04:53 GMT
I'm resurrecting the thread that fell off into /dev/null after
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/200603.mbox/%3cf470f68e0603091122m65e764f7k204e1cb12271f5cd@mail.gmail.com%3e

So this sentence in
http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Acceptance+of+Proposal+by+Sponsor
doesn't match current reality and confuses TLP sponsors who think they
need to wait for an Incubator PMC vote:

> The Incubator PMC MAY immediately accept the Candidate, or may (at the discretion of
the Incubator PMC) require a successful VOTE by the Incubator PMC.

Here are a couple replacement suggestions that give the Incubator PMC an
opportunity to voice any objections:

 a) Sponsor may proceed with podling creation if the Incubator PMC
raises no issues within three days.

- or -

 b) Sponsor may proceed with podling creation after the Incubator PMC
acknowleges the request.

Which would work best? Or feel free to toss both out and offer a better
suggestion.

This sentence is also a problem, but I'll re-raise it once the
discussion about minimum # mentors shakes out:

> The nominated Mentors MAY be immediately accepted by the Incubator PMC. However the Incubator
PMC MAY also suggest replacement Mentors. The Incubator PMC has the final choice of Mentors.

thanks,

-jean