incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Status of ADF Faces Incubation Request
Date Thu, 09 Mar 2006 04:16:52 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> Craig McClanahan wrote:
>
>>My understanding of the incubator process is that the Incubator PMC still
>>has to vote to accept a podling
>
> No.  Although some people have expressed a desire that it be otherwise, at
> this time, the Incubator PMC does not second-guess another PMC's decision to
> bring a project to the Incubator.  The Incubator PMC does have the sole
> binding vote on projects graduating from the Incubator.
>
> FWIW, we've recently had some fairly lengthy threads discussing the topic.

The wording in
http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Acceptance+of+Proposal+by+Sponsor
could be improved, specifically these sentences:

> Upon a successful result, the Sponsor SHOULD request the Incubator PMC take on the Candidate
as a new Podling.
> The Incubator PMC MAY immediately accept the Candidate, or may (at the discretion of
the Incubator PMC) require a successful VOTE by the Incubator PMC.

> The nominated Mentors MAY be immediately accepted by the Incubator PMC. However the Incubator
PMC MAY also suggest replacement Mentors. The Incubator PMC has the final choice of Mentors.

How should this be changed? (And I'll be happy to update the docs.)

 -jean