incubator-general mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <>
Subject Re: [REQUEST] IP Clearance For Jakarta Commons Composite Pool
Date Tue, 07 Mar 2006 23:33:21 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On 3/7/06, William A. Rowe, Jr. <> wrote:
>>AIUI only the ASF secretary has the authority to modify code grants, because
>>they are only valid when received at the ASF central office.
> Any Director or Officer can receive documents on behalf of the
> foundation - but, yes, the Secretary should be the final recipient of
> any such documents.  (It's the same policy we have with CLAs.)  --
> justin

Of course!  A document in any officer's hands (including directors) has been
conveyed to the foundation.  But documents do get lost :(  So it's best to hold
of marking IP Cleared until the the grant/cla it's in the foundations official
files in Jim's custody.  Similar with financial records which need to be in your
hands (treasurer's) to be 'completed'.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message