incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: DB PMC sponsoring Cayenne in incubation
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2006 19:48:11 GMT
Thomas Dudziak wrote:
> On 3/6/06, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
>
>>Thank you Tom, Brian, Jean and the DB PMC! This is very exciting news
>>to us.
>>
>>So should we formally start the incubator acceptance vote on this
>>list, or is this also something that is done privately between the
>>Incubator PMC members?
>
> I'm not too familiar with the incubation process myself, but following the docs:

We can use this as an opportunity to clarify anything in the incubator
documentation that needs to be. :-)

> http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Process_Description.html
>
> you should search yourself a Champion if you don't already have one,
> who then proposes your project to the Incubator PMC (as you now have a
> sponsor in the DB PMC).

I'm not sure that a named Champion is strictly necessary. Incubator, is it?

Based on the information at
http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Acceptance+of+Proposal+by+Sponsor
the Incubator PMC needs to accept Cayenne. Here are a few more bits of
requested info:

 - vote reference: msg id on pmc@db.apache.org
<440C2950.8040101@first.fhg.de>

 - candidate proposal:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/200602.mbox/%3c20060226231241.GC24456@bali.sjc.webweaving.org%3e

 - mentors:
  Brian McCallister:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/db-general/200602.mbox/%3c0ED4389D-E379-466D-8F53-06D5E7488DFE@apache.org%3e
  Jim Jagielski:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/200603.mbox/%3c20563E02-79A1-4189-9807-ADCA1F1B2C5D@jaguNET.com%3e
  Jean T Anderson -- speaking for myself :-)

Andrus, since Jim and I aren't reflected in the posted version of your
proposal, it might be more manageable to put your proposal at
http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/ . That'll make it easier to make any
other changes the Incubator might like to see.

 -jean