incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Thomas Dudziak" <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Open JPA
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2006 15:40:22 GMT
Mhmm, I have one major problem with this (as much as with Cayenne),
and this is that IMO we (will) have too much ORM engines in Apache
(with JPA and Cayenne it will be 6 or 7 ?) with little to no
cooperation (esp. on the code level) between the ones already here. So
in short, there is no focus and much duplication. Not to mention that
OJB is planning to add EJB3 persistence (as it happens, done by me - I
was going to start in May).
That being said, I think there is a big case for bringing it to DB
(with much the same arguments as for Cayenne) and for starting a joint
effort of unifying these projects as much as this is possible/useful
(e.g. it does only make sense so much to unify JDO and OpenJPA/EJB3).

cheers,
Tom