incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Thomas Dudziak" <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DB PMC sponsoring Cayenne in incubation
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2006 19:29:06 GMT
On 3/6/06, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:

> Thank you Tom, Brian, Jean and the DB PMC! This is very exciting news
> to us.
>
> So should we formally start the incubator acceptance vote on this
> list, or is this also something that is done privately between the
> Incubator PMC members?

I'm not too familiar with the incubation process myself, but following the docs:

http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Process_Description.html

you should search yourself a Champion if you don't already have one,
who then proposes your project to the Incubator PMC (as you now have a
sponsor in the DB PMC).
You should also have a look at the IP clearance documentation:

http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/index.html

Regarding the IP clearance, you could browse the incubator mailing
archive (http://www.mail-archive.com/general@incubator.apache.org/)
of, say, the last two months to find more info as to how this is
handled for other podlings. Also, I think your Champion will help you
with the procedures.

cheers,
Tom