incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <eljo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [POLICY] Lazy account creation [WAS Re: [VOTE] Accept OpenJPA as an Incubator Podling]
Date Sun, 19 Mar 2006 21:58:50 GMT
2006/3/19, robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com>:
> > What we'll probably do is run it like we're running Harmony.  The list
> > of committers on the proposal are the people we expect to show up, but
> > we won't be creating accounts by default - we'll need to have each
> > person say "yes, I'm ready and will be contributing immediately" before
> > making the account for them.
>
> this seems a useful tradition: is it too early to codified this into policy?

Before it goes to the policy, could someone explain me who's going to
accept those who's claimed 'yes'? Possibly mentors? Are they 'we' in
Geir's email? Will they - mentors - commit incoming patches? There
must be someone who will do it.

I liked the idea at the first sight, but then lots of questions came in.

> - robert

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski