incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Davanum Srinivas" <dava...@gmail.com>
Date Thu, 16 Mar 2006 12:22:12 GMT
Alan/James dredged up a thought process which i want to ask all of you about.

For a concrete example, I know for a fact that WADI, ActiveIO and
Trifork guys have been talking about coming up with a single framework
for IO. James hinted in a prev message and there have been some
references in emails on dev@geronimo list[1] and no traffic on
activemq list (as far as i can tell)

So right now no outsider can figure out either the status of the
discussions or an action plan or even the details of the issues
involved.

How do we prevent this situation? Let me start with a GOOD/BAD List.
Please add yours.

Peference of IRC over Email  : BAD
Picking up the Phone over Email : BAD
Documenting proposals in Wiki : GOOD
Proposoal on dev list followed by Wiki collaboration: GOOD
Weekly IRC Chats with log posted to dev list : GOOD

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@geronimo.apache.org/msg06505.html