incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Stein, Neil S" <neil_st...@merck.com>
Subject RE: [PROPOSAL] Incubate TMCg2
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2006 23:55:43 GMT

very interesting- glad to be able to move on to the next steps....

cheers,
-neil

-----Original Message-----
From: William A. Rowe, Jr. [mailto:wrowe@rowe-clan.net]
Sent: Fri 2/17/2006 5:39 PM
To: general@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [PROPOSAL] Incubate TMCg2

William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> I personally find googling a project far more useful, and there appear
> to be no conflicts with your new proposal, other than the fact that another
> project, Echo, seems to have floated the same potential name.  As long
> as we clarify with them that they haven't/won't adopt that project name
> we should be fine.

http://www.intertwingly.net/wiki/pie/NameFinalVoteArchive?action=highlight&value=Lokahi

For anyone concerned that pie/echo/atom would ever be named Lokahi, this
post put that concern to rest.  Their objection to the name on the basis
of pronounciation is fun :)  I wouldn't worry about that concern, this is
the single cleanest project name I've ever come across, and seriously doubt
we will have any future conflicts.

With that resolved I'll add projects/lokahi.xml to svn shortly.

Bill

Notice:  This e-mail message, together with any attachments, contains information of Merck
& Co., Inc. (One Merck Drive, Whitehouse Station, New Jersey, USA 08889), and/or its affiliates
(which may be known outside the United States as Merck Frosst, Merck Sharp & Dohme or
MSD and in Japan, as Banyu) that may be confidential, proprietary copyrighted and/or legally
privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named on this message.
 If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please notify
us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete it from your system.