incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Ode proposal
Date Sun, 19 Feb 2006 05:24:56 GMT
Niclas,

> I am *not* critical to *you* [but] to the process of "exclusion by
> default", which is something new to the Incubation policies.

No such thing is happening.

> My Concern; Proposals in the past have always had a set of
> initial committers which equated (approx) the people that
> have developed the initial codebase

And no one is saying that those people won't be Committers.

On the other hand, I will also point out that the recent proposal for an
open door policy for ASF Committers to immediately join any new podling was
not widely considered a good idea.

There are two pieces to electing Committers: process and policy.  Process is
separate from policy.  We have a standard process in the ASF, and there is
no reason not to apply that process in the Incubator.

	--- Noel