incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Stein, Neil S" <neil_st...@merck.com>
Subject RE: [PROPOSAL] Incubate TMCg2
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2006 20:20:52 GMT

If Ohana proves to have enough negative drivers,
The name can go to Apache Lokahi
Which translates to "harmony and unity."

http://rosasay.typepad.com/mwacalendar/2005/03/lkahi.html

Neil Stein
phone -- 908-423-4297

-----Original Message-----
From: William A. Rowe, Jr. [mailto:wrowe@rowe-clan.net]
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2006 2:17 PM
To: general@incubator.apache.org; Stein, Neil S
Subject: Re: [PROPOSAL] Incubate TMCg2

Beyond the mark issue, it really seems like there are far too many hits on
Ohana project, Ohana software e.t.c. to easily distinguish this name.

Does anyone else consider this a showstopper and time to pick another name?
Neil, what are your thoughts, as it's primary champion?

Bill

Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On 2/15/06, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
>
>>project name, I think we shouldn't have any issues.  Is "Apache Ohana"
enough
>>of a multiword mark, though?
>

> I believe so.  -- justin

> .

Notice:  This e-mail message, together with any attachments, contains information of Merck
& Co., Inc. (One Merck Drive, Whitehouse Station, New Jersey, USA 08889), and/or its affiliates
(which may be known outside the United States as Merck Frosst, Merck Sharp & Dohme or
MSD and in Japan, as Banyu) that may be confidential, proprietary copyrighted and/or legally
privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named on this message.
 If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please notify
us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete it from your system.