incubator-general mailing list archives

From Andrew McIntyre <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven repository use while under Incubation (was [VOTE] approve a milestone release of ActiveMQ?)
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2006 20:41:11 GMT

On Feb 2, 2006, at 7:59 AM, Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> What I SEEM to recall is that we agree that people were not to
> publish into
> one of the public Maven repositories, and that was to be a separate
> repository for use with the Incubator, so that users would be
> required to
> knowingly configure that repository in order to use Incubation
> artifacts.

Correct. It was determined that the best thing to do was to publish
to the repository at cvs.apache.org, with a package name that
included 'incubator':

http://cvs.apache.org/repository/incubator-derby/

That way, users would have to reconfigure if they wanted to use
incubator artifacts, as Noel mentioned in his mail.

andrew