incubator-general mailing list archives

From James Strachan <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ode / BPEL Donation of BPEL 2.0 Engine
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2006 18:37:56 GMT
On 16 Feb 2006, at 16:41, Ismael Ghalimi wrote:
[snip]
> Our primary concern moving forward will be whether we start from one
> codebase, or try to merge two existing codebases.

 From a purely practical perspective, its probably easiest to start
off with the 2 codebases imported (when the IP & software grants are
all done) into separate modules then over time we can see how best to
merge things & share stuff, moving shared stuff maybe into separate
modules for easier reuse. Going from 2 codebases to 1 is gonna take a
while. Just like XMLBeans v JaxMe v Xerces or Struts v Tapestry v
Cocoon v Turbine; we don't have to mandate that everything be merged
into one single unified codebase up front - we can work at it
incrementally over time and see how much reuse we can get; it might
be parts remain diverged as there's not always one size fits all.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/