incubator-general mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] approve a milestone release of ActiveMQ?
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2006 16:57:17 GMT
On Feb 2, 2006, at 7:29 AM, Hiram Chirino wrote:

> On Feb 1, 2006, at 5:42 PM, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>

>>> How should the disclaimer be associated?
>>
>> Well, this is a bit of an issue.  Why are the plain jars
>> available?  To
>> allow automated downloads by Maven?  I have an issue with that,
>> since it
>> could allow people to use the code without knowing that it is in the
>> Incubator, but more to the point, we've had that discussion, and I
>> don't
>> recall the resolution.
>>

> Even though it's not extremely descriptive, the maven group id that
> activemq is using is incubator-activemq.  So most folks who add the
> activemq dependency will realize that it's a dependency that's
> coming from the incubator.  I believe that this is the same thing
> that geronimo and derby did while they were in the incubator.

This is exactly what Geronimo and Derby did.  There are several
projects that rely on ActiveMQ and most of these use Maven.  It would
be very painful to these projects to not have the jars available.

One other point, any current user of ActiveMQ will have to modify
their Maven project descriptor to change the groupId of activemq to
incubator-activemq, which should be an clear sign that project is
incubating.

-dain