incubator-general mailing list archives

From Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Re: Ode / BPEL Donation of BPEL 2.0 Engine
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2006 14:36:43 GMT

On Feb 18, 2006, at 2:23 PM, Davanum Srinivas wrote:

> Why are you being so negative? Let's try to make it work. If it does
> not then we decide what do next as a PPMC.

I did not know that technical decisions were the responsibilities of
the PMC/PPMC.  Could you explain further?

> Being negative for one second...i can safely say that in the worst
> case scenario - Sybase and PXE folks do have other choices
> (codehaus,sf etc...) as they own the copyright to the code that they
> contribute.

It's not nice to tell folks to leave if they don't want to do it you
way.  As I see it, the ODE community which is made up mostly by the
code contributers, still does not have consensus actually doing a
code merge.  So lets not go crazy telling folks they should elsewhere
when there is no need to do that.

Regards,
Hiram