incubator-general mailing list archives

From Brian McCallister <bri...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cayenne ASF Proposal
Date Sat, 25 Feb 2006 21:11:41 GMT
Andrus and Bill initially opened discussion on general@db. I
suggested they aim for a top level project status for a few reasons:

* Cayenne already has an mature ASF-style structure and community
(reportedly =)
* There are ~subprojects (the gui tool, etc) in Cayenne, and sub-sub-
projects seem to be frowned upon
* DB is getting kind of umbrella shaped already

That said, I am very willing to broach the subject of sponsorship
with the DB PMC, I just figure the discussion of the best way to
proceed makes more sense here. I think that Cayenne would prefer to
be a top level project, in the end, and I agree with that goal. The
best way to help that happen... well, we're discussing all that =)

-Brian