incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Brett Porter" <brett.por...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ode proposal
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2006 22:22:55 GMT
> As far as i can remember, We started Harmony with Zero code and Zero
> committers...It's been done before :)

I suspect Geir was on there :) That's an unusual example given the
legal requirements of contributors.

> You are right, we need to set guidelines for selecting inital
> committers. Not sure where to start. ideas are welcome.

The other alternative is to add all 37 to lower the barrier to entry
and cut this back to the regular, recent contributors when it
graduates. Normally this would be too much of a burden on infra, but
AIUI these are mostly existing Apache committers.

Another similar alternative is to add those proposed by Sybase and
Intalio, and institute a rule that any servicemix/geronimo/WS/Agila
committers can request access at any time during incubation.

- Brett