incubator-general mailing list archives

From "David E. Jones" <>
Subject Re: OFBiz - next steps
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2006 21:42:15 GMT

On Feb 8, 2006, at 2:12 PM, Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> Actually, it is only needed from everyone who might own copyright
> to some part of the work.  So, it is those people who have contributed
> functionality greater than a simple bug fix.
> OTOH, the mentors should be aware that, because this work is already
> licensed under BSD terms, there is no LEGAL risk to the foundation if
> we can't get all the signatures -- those remaining are simply
> considered
> reuse of BSD-licensed code.  However, we still want the CLAs for
> social
> reasons and to confirm that moving the contributions to Apache License
> is a voluntary act.  Also, it reduces the vulnerability of the
> original
> OFBiz group if we obtain this permission now, while their contributors
> are still in the mood.

I guess we'll start with everyone that has been a committer or who
has submitted a patch. For OFBiz this will be a fairly large list,
I'm guessing around 100-200 people. Some of these have not been
involved for a long time as people have been involved on and off over
the nearly 5 years of the project so far. I guess once we get down
the road a bit and find out who we can't get in contact with or who
won't sign an iCLA we can decide how to resolve those issues...

View raw message