incubator-general mailing list archives

From Rob Davies <rajdav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ode / BPEL Donation of BPEL 2.0 Engine
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2006 12:43:28 GMT
Would it not be more expedient to have Ode as an umbrella project -
but the goal would to be to try and find commonality between all the
projects and see it's possible to merge?
It's a complex problem - no doubt (not because the individual code
bases are complex - but they are completely different) - but we have
a proposal, if it's accepted in its current form, we can as a
community can start working with the code and assessing points of
integration - to see how feasible it would be. If we all decide at
that point it's not practicable to have one project - but need to
have two or three - can't we make that decision later ? I don't know
how the incubator is meant to work (still finding my feet) - but I
would have thought the incubator would be able to work this way.

cheers,

Rob