incubator-general mailing list archives

From Erik Abele <e...@codefaktor.de>
Subject Re: Account requests for Incubator projects
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2006 21:28:26 GMT
On 21.02.2006, at 21:18, Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> Infrastructure,
>
> All projects in the Incubator are managed by the Incubator PMC.
> All Mentors
> are Incubator PMC members (see committee info if in doubt).
>
> Requests for infrastructure and accounts should be coming from those
> Mentors, and should be cc'd to the Incubator PMC, so that it can
> maintain
> oversight.

Hmm, while this makes sense it also makes it very hard to recognize
valid requestors. The Incubator PMC membership is not always a long-
term relationship and so root@ (et al) will have to find out about
new mentors in some easy way.

For example there's this account request from Don Brown
<mrdon@apache.org> from today - it's not easily possible to find out
if he is supposed to be in charge of that - there's nothing on the
PMC list and there's just one vote thread covering the proposal on
the public list, nothing else... so how are we supposed to find out
if he is a mentor for some poddling?

(And btw, I don't think it is efficient to dig mailing list archives
on every incubator request but that's the only possibilty right now,
the website isn't up2date in this regard.)

Cheers,
Erik