incubator-general mailing list archives

From James Strachan <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] accept donation of a business process engine into the ServiceMix project
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2006 14:23:44 GMT
On 3 Feb 2006, at 13:23, James Strachan wrote:
> On 3 Feb 2006, at 13:02, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
>> So, bottom line, Please draw up a new proposal for a separate
>> project.
> So here's the thing; no-one involved (the folks donating the code
> and the committers on the ServiceMix project) want a new project.
> We all want to work in the single JBI project, ServiceMix where the
> JBI container and JBI components live and are developed, documented
> and tested together. We want a single, strong community around JBI.

Incidentally its worth looking at other projects at Apache like Agila
and various projects on like EWS, Mirae, Muse,
WSRF, TSIK etc which are kinda quiet, some near dormant. Making
projects too small and too granular can sometimes harm the chances of
creating a vibrant community. Just as the some folks in the WS PMC
are starting to consider collapsing projects together due to
inactivity, I think we should stay open to the idea of creating less
granular projects that can build a thriving community to start with
then, if the community decides, split things off later if something
becomes so popular it deserves its own project.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message