incubator-general mailing list archives

From James Strachan <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] accept donation of a business process engine into the ServiceMix project
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2006 13:23:47 GMT
On 3 Feb 2006, at 13:02, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> James,
>
> There are 2 problems:
> - As a Geronimo PMC member i feel a BPEL implemenation is out-of-scope
> of what i voted for when i +1'ed incubation for ServiceMix.

The proposal for ServiceMix clearly says...
http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/ServiceMixProposal

its a JBI container and component suite. An orchestration engine is a
JBI component so I see this as perfectly within scope. In your vote
you never enumerated what JBI components the ServiceMix project could
and could not develop. Could you maybe give us a list now of what
components you did vote for?

> I don't
> like what's happening and the way you are doing it.

Sorry about that, we're trying to fix it

> - Secondly, there just isnt enough information to make a decision one
> way or another. A proposal would clear up things like what the
> "supposed" community thinks about a road map for the future say "BPEL
> 2.0"
>
> So, bottom line, Please draw up a new proposal for a separate project.

So here's the thing; no-one involved (the folks donating the code and
the committers on the ServiceMix project) want a new project. We all
want to work in the single JBI project, ServiceMix where the JBI
container and JBI components live and are developed, documented and
tested together. We want a single, strong community around JBI.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/