incubator-general mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <>
Subject Re: Account requests for Incubator projects
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2006 07:46:00 GMT
Why not just modify incubator procedure to make it clear that

1) Mentors make the requests and

2) They sign the email w/ the title "$PODLING_NAME Mentor"

Now #2 don't prevent someone from misrepresenting themselves - which
would have to be dealt with - but rather it allows us to not act on but
simply reply back to those that ask for accounts w/o representing
themselves as mentors...

Erik Abele wrote:
> On 21.02.2006, at 21:18, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>> Infrastructure,
>> All projects in the Incubator are managed by the Incubator PMC.  All
>> Mentors
>> are Incubator PMC members (see committee info if in doubt).
>> Requests for infrastructure and accounts should be coming from those
>> Mentors, and should be cc'd to the Incubator PMC, so that it can maintain
>> oversight.
> Hmm, while this makes sense it also makes it very hard to recognize
> valid requestors. The Incubator PMC membership is not always a long-term
> relationship and so root@ (et al) will have to find out about new
> mentors in some easy way.
> For example there's this account request from Don Brown
> <> from today - it's not easily possible to find out if
> he is supposed to be in charge of that - there's nothing on the PMC list
> and there's just one vote thread covering the proposal on the public
> list, nothing else... so how are we supposed to find out if he is a
> mentor for some poddling?
> (And btw, I don't think it is efficient to dig mailing list archives on
> every incubator request but that's the only possibilty right now, the
> website isn't up2date in this regard.)
> Cheers,
> Erik

To unsubscribe, e-mail: