incubator-general mailing list archives

From Alex Boisvert <boisv...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: Ode / BPEL Donation of BPEL 2.0 Engine
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2006 20:29:21 GMT

This raises an interesting point.  Is the goal of the project to produce
a BPEL engine?   If so, then we could have separation between BPEL
(processes) and workflow (human tasks).   I think this would help
modularity and clarify project focus.

In order words,  workflow-related pieces could go into a separate
project and the existing code from Agila would be split between the two
resulting projects.

So we would end up with something like:

Apache BPEL => Merge of PXE, Sybase BPE and Agila BPEL
Apache BPEL4People => Merge of Agila workflow and Intalio BPEL4People

(... and possibly other donations)

alex