incubator-general mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Incubate TMCg2
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2006 08:34:13 GMT
I'm sorry to report, as I was preparing projects/ohana.xml, that I've come
across

   http://www.cfht.hawaii.edu/Instruments/Elixir/Ohana/

in a simple search of "ohana program" on google :-/

Brings up another question, why are we still pointing our template.xml for
the project to look at nameprotect.com, when that now seems to be a paid only
service?  At least the uspto.gov TESS site is free.

So looking on TESS, 76185236 OHANA and 76185337 OHANA PLUS are marks by
Ceira Technologies, now abandonded.  75934759 OHANA FOUNDATION is the mark by
Ohana Foundation for Technical Development, now abandonded.

There are several more marks with OHANA that are live but don't affect software.
However, there is one technical mark, 78594546 CALL OHANA which could become an
issue, as it's in a not-too-distant family.  If this project were a multiword
project name, I think we shouldn't have any issues.  Is "Apache Ohana" enough
of a multiword mark, though?

Bill

Stein, Neil S wrote:
> Seems as though no one has any objections to Ohana.
>

> Neil Stein

Merck & Co., Inc. (One Merck Drive, Whitehouse Station, New Jersey, USA 08889), and/or
its affiliates (which may be known outside the United States as Merck Frosst, Merck Sharp
& Dohme or MSD and in Japan, as Banyu) that may be confidential, proprietary copyrighted
and/or legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named
on this message.  If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in
error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete it from your system.