incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r376793 [1/2] - in /incubator/public/trunk: site-author/stylesheets/ site-publish/ site-publish/guides/ site-publish/incubation/ site-publish/ip-clearance/ site-publish/learn/ site-publish/projects/ site-publish/projects/agila/ site-publish...
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2006 20:52:17 GMT
Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> On Feb 10, 2006, at 10:36 AM, wrote:
>> Removed <base> because it disabled links to anchors within the same
>> page.
> Jean, I am curious about what browser you were using that caused the
> same-document links to be broken.  Can you send me the product version?
> I ask because the standard requires such links to work regardless of  base,
> and I may need to make some polite suggestions to the developers.

Hoping it was a browser issue, I tried it with two browsers on linux:

  firefox 1.0.7
  konqueror 3.3.1

And on Windows XP:

  internet explorer 6.0.2900

In hindsight, "disabled links" wasn't a helpful description of the problem.

Taking the "Project Website Howto" link at the bottom of
howtoparticipate.html as an example, clicking on it went here:

instead of going to that anchor in the local howtoparticipate.html file.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message