incubator-general mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: [doc] podling software releases
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2006 18:48:24 GMT
Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

[...]
>>>"Therefore, should a Podling decide it wishes to perform a release, the
>>>Podling SHALL hold a vote on the Podling -dev list.
>

> dev list or ppmc list?  Only PMC members' votes are binding for
> full TLPs; I suggest having the vote on the dev list as mentioned
> but only the PPMC members' votes being binding.

I thought every committer's vote counted as binding.

I also thought that not every committer was necessarily a PPMC member.

I'm afraid I'm still not clear on who is a PPMC member and exactly
how a podling's committer becomes one. Is every initial committer
automatically a PPMC member? It would be nice to formalize and
document this process as well.

For the record, this was discussed in the past but I don't think
anyone was able describe the process (and it seemed like there
wasn't one):

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/200509.mbox/%3c431E1882.20101@roguewave.com%3e

Martin