incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] approve a milestone release of ActiveMQ?
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2006 07:56:59 GMT
Noel,

I think that these issues have now been addressed.  I have gathered up
the information from subsequent replies in this thread below.

Noel J. Bergman wrote, On 1/31/2006 7:43 AM:

> -1
>

>   * The paperwork has not been recorded by the ASF Secretary.
>     If necessary, an ASF Officer can be used as an
>     intermediary, e.g., if Ken wants to accept and ACK a FAX,
>     we can operate on his ACK.

I believe that these have been now sent and confirmed.

>   * I don't see a Software Grant for any of the code that came
>     over from codehaus.

I believe that these have been now sent and confirmed.

>   * I have no problem with the tarballs, but the plain jars do
>     not have the disclaimer associated with them.

Any current user of ActiveMQ will have to modify their Maven project
descriptor to change the groupId of activemq to incubator-activemq,
which should be an clear sign that project is incubating.  This is what
was done for Derby and Geronimo.

>   * http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/ActiveMQ_Incubation is not
>     a substitute for http://incubator.apache.org/projects/activemq.html.

I removed the confusing wiki pages.  The incubator web pages have been
updated.  I have added a STATUS file to the SVN repo.

Regards,
Alan