incubator-general mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <guillaume.no...@worldonline.fr>
Subject Re: [VOTE] accept donation of a business process engine into the ServiceMix project
Date Sun, 05 Feb 2006 18:55:38 GMT
These are the dependencies for building and/or using the whole
transaction module.
For example, the geronimo-system, geronimo-core and geronimo-kernel and
geronimo-j2ee dependencies
are mainly needed to build / use the gbeans for the transaction manager.
The jencks project (www.jencks.org) uses the geronimo transaction manager
and geronimo jca connector to provide jca enabled pojos.
If you take a look at the maven pom
(http://cvs.codehaus.org/viewrep/jencks/jencks/project.xml?r=1.24),
only the geronimo-transaction and geronimo-connector are used (I exclude
the specs) and none of the aforementioned
dependencies are really required in this context.

"True" dependencies of a jar really depends on what classes you use in
the given jar... ;)

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet