incubator-general mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Incubation vs. Donating Code to Existing Project
Date Sat, 04 Feb 2006 18:10:43 GMT
In this case, if the Xerces folks don't want to take responsibility for
creating the community / committment to the code, then they absolutely
can ask for the code to undergo the full incubuation process.  But if they
choose instead to assume responsibility for the long term committment to
this accepted code, then they can choose the IP Clearance route.

It's the PMC's choice - really for discussion on that project list.  You
are right Jeremias - going through a full incubation process is not
necessary (going through the Incubator IP clearance process is!) - but
if an only if Xerces made that choice.  And it seems Andy said that the
Xerces project prefers full incubation, that was their choice.  Unless that
changes there is only route for this example to be picked up by the ASF.