incubator-general mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject [STOP] FUD Clarification
Date Sat, 04 Feb 2006 00:57:38 GMT
> Greg Wilkins wrote:
>
>>I disagree that all contributions must go via the incubator.  This is
>>clearly within the scope of servicemix and there is no need to
>>develope a community around this code.

All code contributions MUST be vetted by the incubator PMC.  Only a PMC is
authorized by the board to accept code grants (so the Foo project PMC then
accepts a code contribution, and hands it off under IP Clearance to the
Incubator PMC for approval.)

A PPMC is NOT a PMC, and therefore does not have the legal authority granted
by the Board to accept code grants on behalf of the foundation.  They may
indicate they desire to accept a specific code grant, and request that the
Incubator PMC ratify their choice.