incubator-general mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Cayenne ASF Proposal
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2006 05:52:53 GMT
> This has got to be one of the more common questions over the last few
> months. Could you please help out here and submit some patches for the
> incubator website docs that document this so others can figure this
> out, too?

Totally. We just need to go through the process ourselves and get
first-hand experience. I'll submit a patch once I can claim that I
understand the process in its current form.

>  * try and find two more mentors (through talk on general@incubator,
>    generally)

Another Q then - can an Apache committer be a mentor if he is not an
ASF member yet? Bill Dudney who helped us to start the proposal
process and is doing a lot already to move it ahead is willing to be
a mentor. But can he? And if currently the answer is no, why not?

Andrus