incubator-general mailing list archives

From Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] approve a milestone release of ActiveMQ?
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2006 15:29:10 GMT

On Feb 1, 2006, at 5:42 PM, Noel J. Bergman wrote:

>> How should the disclaimer be associated?
>
> Well, this is a bit of an issue.  Why are the plain jars
> available?  To
> allow automated downloads by Maven?  I have an issue with that,
> since it
> could allow people to use the code without knowing that it is in the
> Incubator, but more to the point, we've had that discussion, and I
> don't
> recall the resolution.

Even though it's not extremely descriptive, the maven group id that
activemq is using is incubator-activemq.  So most folks who add the
activemq dependency will realize that it's a dependency that's coming
from the incubator.  I believe that this is the same thing that
geronimo and derby did while they were in the incubator.

Regards,
Hiram