incubator-general mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <>
Subject Re: Cayenne ASF Proposal
Date Sun, 26 Feb 2006 23:22:37 GMT
On Sat, Feb 25, 2006 at 11:04:15PM +0300, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
> We at Cayenne project ( would like to
> join Apache. We wrote a proposal draft that can be viewed here:
> Brian McCallister volunteered to help us as a mentor. And now we need
> a Sponsor. I understand that for TLP a sponsor must be either
> Incubator PMC or the ASF Board. I am asking for advice on how we can
> go about that.

This has got to be one of the more common questions over the last few
months. Could you please help out here and submit some patches for the
incubator website docs that document this so others can figure this
out, too?

 * try and find two more mentors (through talk on general@incubator,

 * do Q&A for a little bit on this list

 * update the proposal with the As to the Qs 'n stuff

 * ask incubator PMC to sponsor (here on general@incubator)

Please review the mailing list archive for this mailing list for some
examples of how this has been dealt with recently (take a look at
OFBiz for example). I generally suggest looking at SpamAssassin as a
good example of how incubation should work and where it gets you if
things go well. Incubation is an ever-evolving process, its a good
idea to follow the examples set :-)

FWIW I agree that this thing seems to make more sense as a TLP than
within the DB project. Umbrellalalala reasons and the like.

Good luck!

- LSD, who thinks ORM kind-of sucks as a concept, but knows some nice
       people that swear by it, so generally doesn't say so aloud

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message