incubator-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Ode proposal
Date Sun, 19 Feb 2006 05:08:41 GMT
On Sunday 19 February 2006 03:11, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> Here's a good chance to review my involvment:
> So what it comes down to what i am actually working on is as follows:
> beehive, geronimo, gump, ws-all, security, ode

:o)  I am *not* critical to *you* or how you distribute your volunteer effort,
but to the process of "exclusion by default", which is something new to the
Incubation policies.

Dims, I think you are putting in a great effort at ASF, both in time, quality
and diligence. And I only brought it up because I think "stretching oneself
thin" will lead to a "smaller sum", and I would be disappointed to see that
happen.

> Now, If you are talking about who the initial committer set is going
> to be for ode, Please take that discussion to the ode-dev.

No, that is not part of my concerns. The details of Ode, I leave to the people
who understand the technology and how it fits into various ASF projects.

My Concern; Proposals in the past have always had a set of initial committers
which equated (approx) the people that have developed the initial codebase,
in for of OSS community or employees, plus ASF folks who are interested.
*I* have not seen anyone highlighting that this has been a problem. Now, that
is being changed for Ode, IMHO without much debate, and from my angle it
*seems* that the *reason* is that 37 committers are listed, and considered
not feasible.

Cheers
Niclas