incubator-general mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <m...@leosimons.com>
Subject Re: [web site] link to anchor within same page not working
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2006 10:46:10 GMT
On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 09:13:14PM -0800, Jean T. Anderson wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> > Jean T. Anderson wrote:
> >><base href="http://incubator.apache.org/" />
> >>
> >>I removed that setting and links to anchors in the same page now work --
> >>at least locally. But it regenerates every page on the site, so I
> >>hesitate to commit.
> >>
> >>What am I likely to break on the incubator site by removing that "base"
> >>setting? Does anyone know a better way to fix this?
> >
> > Nothing will be broken. Leo added that recently to assist
> > with viewing the built pages locally. So it is safe to
> > remove it.
> > ..
>
> I'll go ahead and remove it then, but it sounds like it might be a handy
> tip to add to http://incubator.apache.org/guides/website.html for local
> testing.

+1, sorry, I didn't think of having href="#foo".

The true fix here is enabling the "relativise" functionality for velocity
but I'm guessing that's also disabled for a good reason so I'm a bit
hesitant to change it without more investigation, which I'm not really
looking forward to at the moment.

- Leo