incubator-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] accept donation of a business process engine into the ServiceMix project
Date Sun, 05 Feb 2006 04:53:28 GMT
On Friday 03 February 2006 23:53, James Strachan wrote:

> The TM is in a single download-able jar all by itself; so you can
> download only what you need. e.g. here's the latest snapshot of just
> the transaction manager...

IMHO, this is a vast exaggeration that is not entirely fair to make, and would
like to counter with the dependencies list of the said project (see below)...

Saying that TM is independent and having Geronimo's "system", "core", "j2ee"
and "kernel" modules listed, is definately catching my attention and asking
"What's your agenda, James?" for such misrepresentation. You could have
high-lighted the true dependencies.

  <dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>geronimo</groupId>
      <artifactId>geronimo-system</artifactId>
      <version>1.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>geronimo</groupId>
      <artifactId>geronimo-core</artifactId>
      <version>1.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>geronimo</groupId>
      <artifactId>geronimo-j2ee</artifactId>
      <version>1.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>geronimo</groupId>
      <artifactId>geronimo-kernel</artifactId>
      <version>1.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <artifactId>geronimo-jta_1.0.1B_spec</artifactId>
      <version>1.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <artifactId>geronimo-ejb_2.1_spec</artifactId>
      <version>1.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <artifactId>geronimo-j2ee-connector_1.5_spec</artifactId>
      <version>1.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>concurrent</groupId>
      <artifactId>concurrent</artifactId>
      <version>1.3.4</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>commons-logging</groupId>
      <version>1.0.4</version>
      <url>http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/logging/</url>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>howl</groupId>
      <artifactId>howl-logger</artifactId>
      <version>0.1.11</version>
      <url>http://forge.objectweb.org/projects/howl</url>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>mx4j</groupId>
      <artifactId>mx4j</artifactId>
      <version>3.0.1</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>commons-jelly</groupId>
      <artifactId>commons-jelly-tags-velocity</artifactId>
      <version>1.0</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>velocity</groupId>