incubator-general mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject Re: License grant
Date Sun, 05 Feb 2006 17:03:35 GMT

On Wed, 1 Feb 2006, Manuel Mall wrote:

> On the grant form is says: ""Licensor owns or has sufficient
> rights to contribute the software source code". In this case we don't
> have a single Licensor but a group of people. How does the form work in
> such a case as it seems to make the assumption that the Licensor is
> either a single person or a single organisation?

In the past this was solved by:

->	All the people in the group all sign the same software grant
	and thus together hand over the code. (And assuming that all
	authors are still alive and willing to do so).

Logistically this is a bit of a pain; so what was done in the past is
simply to have each person sign his 'own' (but identical) version of the
softwate grant (with the other people listed as well - but with a blank
behind their name) - and then filing the umpteen copies together which are
all idnetical expect that they have a different dotted line signed.

Dw.