incubator-general mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <m...@leosimons.com>
Subject Re: License grant
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2006 12:40:57 GMT
On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 08:05:01PM +0800, Manuel Mall wrote:
> We would like to include a software module currently hosted on
> SourceForge into the codebase of the Apache FOP project. The developers
> who wrote the module have indicated their willingness to do so
> (actually are very keen to do this) and we have their ICLAs. What I
> don't quite understand is the additional software grant
> (http://www.apache.org/licenses/#grants) required.
>
> On the grant form is says: ""Licensor owns or has sufficient
> rights to contribute the software source code". In this case we don't
> have a single Licensor but a group of people. How does the form work in
> such a case as it seems to make the assumption that the Licensor is
> either a single person or a single organisation?

I think the answer is that every person from that group sends in the
grant paperwork. The legal-discuss mailing list is probably where to
query for an authoritive answer.

I think that the receiving PMC is the body responsible for figuring this
stuff out, so they should probably be CCed in (sorry, don't know top-of-
head which PMC is for FOP).

  http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/index.html

Is the base URL for incubator-related IP stuff information.

cheers,

Leo