incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: Incubator site status wrt a move to Anakia?
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2006 22:44:27 GMT
On Jan 31, 2006, at 1:59 PM, David Crossley wrote:
> Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>>
>> It would be kind of ironic if having complained about Forrest,
>> when the
>> Forrest team were so helpful and active here, that after
>> converting to
>> anakia, no one is around to help with the new process.
>
> Something that i have wondered for a long time.
> I reckon that each project needs a number of people
> who actually oversee the publishing process.
> They facilitate smooth operation to make it easy
> for others to do the publishing. It is not their
> job to actually do it, but to facilitate.
>
> Without such, a project is dysfunctional.

Well, yeah, that is true of any project.  However, once you get below
the
magic entry-barrier threshold, more people start working on the real
problem
(that the docs suck).  But right now is a bad time to expect people
to jump in,
since most people have just received the annual load of new work
after the
holidays and have yet to find daylight.

....Roy