incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: Ode / BPEL Donation of BPEL 2.0 Engine
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2006 12:58:10 GMT
My concern is that the proposed path is one where there's little
convergence in the near term and where the single incubating project
releases multiple files on their own schedules. That's fine, but that's
not one project.

What's the point of being one project if there's no viable plan to make
the code marry? I of course know the task is complex and indeed was
quite surprised when everyone was willing to say "merge 'em all" but
there's no point at all in pretending we're merging if the task is
indeed too complex.

Sanjiva.