incubator-general mailing list archives

From James Strachan <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ode Proposal (Sybase BPEL engine donation))
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2006 19:06:38 GMT
On 15 Feb 2006, at 16:54, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> James,
>
> Thanks for taking the first step. Yes, please add me in as a mentor.
> Here's some feedback first about the proposal before we take the next
> step.
>
> - AFAIK, Geronimo PMC has not voted on this proposal.

We kinda voted already on G-PMC but the new proposal changes things
slightly (being a new podling) so to clear things up I've called
another vote.

> - Can we please put out a call to other Open source BPEL engines to
> join us with their contributions? (ala, Synapse).

Sure, we're open to other contributions and contributors from
wherever; they can arrive at any time - lets starting incubating

> - Can we please add people in a phased manner as committers? based on
> their patches/energy on the list? (ala, Harmony)

All the folks on the committer list are folks who've expressed
interest in working on the code. The only non-apache committers so
far are the Sybase folks who've written all the code being
contributed; the rest are already proven committers in Agila,
Geronimo or ServiceMix

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/