incubator-general mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <ysee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] accept Solr into incubator
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2006 18:04:20 GMT
On 1/11/06, Justin Erenkrantz <justin@erenkrantz.com> wrote:
> One other question to help narrow the project's scope a little: Is the
> 'search server' written entirely from scratch or is it using servlets or
> some other Java HTTP container?

Solr is currently implemented as a webapp for a servlet container.
A servlet handles update and query requests (XML in an HTTP post for
updates, and HTTP-GET for queries)
The admin interface consists of JSPs and HTML.
The replication part external to the JVM currently relies on shell
scripts, rsync, and unix style hard links.

> The answer to the question matters little, but I'd like this stated up
> front so that it's clear for everyone where Solr's boundaries are.

Is there some additional verbiage you would like added to the proposal?

-Yonik