incubator-general mailing list archives

From Lawrence Mandel <lman...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [vote] Request approval to declare Woden 1.0.0 M3 Candidate by EOD Jan. 24
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2006 23:50:10 GMT
Sanjiva,

Sorry about violating Apache netiquette. This was not intentional. I had
previously been asked to send this vote to the incubator and ws pmc lists
and was advised to send it to the general@incubator list as well.

To be honest, I'm feeling pretty lost wrt the correct process to release a
milestone driver from an incubator project and would appreciate guidance
from the community. The information I have is to:

1. Hold a vote amongst the project's committers on the project's mailing
list.
2. Request approval from the incubator and, in Woden's case, WS pmcs by
sending an e-mail requesting a vote to pmc@ws, pmc@incubator, and
general@incubator.

Assuming no negative votes, the milestone can be released.

I think it would be useful to formally declare this process on the
incubator site so all incubator projects have a defined process to follow.

BTW, as you said that my mail did make it to general@incubator and
pmc@incubator, have you seen any replies? I have yet to see one.

Thanks,

Lawrence Mandel

Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@opensource.lk>
01/24/2006 06:40 PM
Please respond to
woden-dev

general@incubator.apache.org
cc
"woden-dev@ws.apache.org" <woden-dev@ws.apache.org>
Subject
Re: [vote] Request approval to declare Woden 1.0.0 M3 Candidate by EOD
Jan. 24

On Tue, 2006-01-24 at 13:54 -0500, Lawrence Mandel wrote:
> *note: I'm resending this message as I don't believe it showed up on
> general@incubator.

Lawrence please don't send to general@ and a private list (the PMC
lists). That's against Apache email netiquette ..

Unless I am mistaken your mail did make it to general@.

Sanjiva.