incubator-general mailing list archives

From Lawrence Mandel <lman...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Request approval to declare Woden 1.0.0 M3 Candidate by EOD Jan. 24
Date Sun, 22 Jan 2006 20:24:42 GMT
Following the release process for projects in incubation, I'd like to
request approval for Woden to declare milestone 3. A vote was held on the
woden-dev list where M3 received 5 +1 votes and no negative votes. The
votes collected are as follows:

John Kaputin +1
Lawrence Mandel +1
Dims +1
Jeremy Hughes +1
Arthur Ryman +1

As required of releases from projects in incubation, the distributable
archives contain incubating in their names. The M3 archives can be found
at http://cvs.apache.org/dist/ws/woden/milestones/1.0.0M3-incubating/.

My original post summarizing Woden 1.0.0 M3 is below.

Please vote by 5pm EST, Tuesday, Jan. 24, 2006.

Thanks,

Lawrence Mandel

----- Forwarded by Lawrence Mandel/Toronto/IBM on 01/22/2006 03:22 PM
-----

Lawrence Mandel/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
01/18/2006 04:55 PM
Please respond to
woden-dev

woden-dev@ws.apache.org
cc
pmc@incubator.apache.org, pmc@ws.apache.org
Subject
Woden 1.0.0 M3 Candidate - please vote by EOD Thursday, Jan. 19

Woden committers, I'd like to request your vote on the status of M3. I've
placed a Woden 1.0.0
M3 Candidate build at

http://cvs.apache.org/dist/ws/woden/milestones/1.0.0M3-incubating/

The Woden M3 candidate includes the major work items from the M3 plan.
Specifically, the following items are complete in the M3 Candidate:

Parsing of WSDL 2.0 import and include (DOM)
WSDL 2.0 Service parsing (DOM)
Implement validation logic for Binding
Unit tests for validation logic for Binding
Integrate W3C WSDL 2.0 Binding tests into Woden test suite

The following items are incomplete in the M2 plan:

Unit tests for import and include parsing (DOM)
WSDL 2.0 HTTP Binding extension (DOM)
Unit tests for HTTP Binding extension (DOM)
Unit tests for Service parsing (DOM)
Investigate WSDL 2.0 parsing with StAX
Update technical documentation about Woden design and implementation on
Wiki
Create initial user documentation

In an effort to make Woden more immediately usable, we deferred HTTP
Binding extension work to M4 in favour of adding support for WSDL import
and include elements. StAX will continue to be an investigation item until
the DOM implementation is close to complete or we get more development
help. John and I are working on user documentation and should have it
ready for the Woden site around the proposed M3 release on Friday.
Automated tests for the parser continue to require attention but, as John
has conducted manual testing and the W3C test suite has been integrated
into the Woden automated test suite, we are in good shape for M3.

Both John and I think Woden is in good shape to declare M3 as solid
progress has been made on the parser and the validator. At this point we'd
like to ask the Woden committers to vote on the status of M3. John and I
both vote +1 (so +2). Please vote ASAP. We will collect votes until EOD
(5pm EST) Thursday, Jan. 19. If there are no negative votes I will then
request WS and Incubator PMC approval to release M3 by EOD Friday, Jan.
20. Once the PMCs approve, M3 will be declared and a link will be placed
on the Woden site. (Feel free to reply to this note with any concerns over
this process.)

Thanks,

Lawrence Mandel