incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: AJAX Toolkit Proposal - Updated
Date Sat, 21 Jan 2006 21:41:23 GMT
Charles Mark wrote:

> i looked at Zimbra's source code. It is actually fairly well
> written with fairly good coding style and comments, definitely
> a big plus from a code maintenance perspective (for example,
> much better than dojo).

> I think it is well architected

Thanks.  We're interested in technical analysis, pro and con, from anyone.

> on the negative side, I downloaded the toolkit, tried it but it
> didn't even work!

Hmmm ... I haven't tried it.  I'll see if I can give it a whirl tomorrow.
Anyone else tried the code?

The downloads are compressed tarballs, not .zip format.  From what you
posted, you downloaded the code from sourceforge.  Did you also try the
snapshot that Sam Ruby has posted?  I haven't tried to compare for
differences, but they are different.  Different sizes, internal dates (the
dates in the one from sourceforge are all the same, and appear to be when
the tarball was rolled, whereas Sam's appears to contain more genuine
dates).

	--- Noel